Saturday, June 28, 2014

Day 2. Breckenridge

Day 2 Breckenridge!!!

Up early and onward from Amarillo!  We drove through Raton, NM, Canon City, Colorado and up through the back roads through the Hossier Pass (elev 11539') which marks the continental divide. 
Standing on the edge of God's creation makes me thankful for my many blessings, one of which is my adopted country. Speaking of which, during one of our fueling stops we happened to meet a lovely young woman traveling all night long from Fort Hood to see family. Her red eyes and 5 Hour Energy purchase relayed a purposeful intent to reach them. Touched by her service (since 2004) and her disappointment with recent developments in the military spurred us to gift her with her gas purchase. Her immense gratification had me in tears for the small token of our immense gratification for her service.

I wonder why I am so fortunate to live in this country, have such a fabulous life, family and friends!  I guess that is the reason that spurs me to travel this country to see all the beauty in its people and scenery!  Looking forward to what lies before me in my travels with Dirk. Check out the view from our patio....



2 comments:

  1. dirk?? who's dirk???? did you run off in the airstream with somebody else??? gosh, this is gonna be good!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you misspelled his name.

    ReplyDelete